Sleeper Bowl

For those who don't speak French and prefer the discussion in Shakespeare's language
Bxl Boy
Champion du monde
Champion du monde
Club préféré : RWD Molenbeek (47)
Place dans le stade : Tribune de presse

Sleeper Bowl

Message par Bxl Boy »

For every one minute of action an NFL game provides for a fan, it inflicts 14 minutes of inaction on him or her as well.
fastball takes just .467 seconds to reach the plate. His stopwatch count? Nine minutes and 55 seconds of actual action. The entire average MLB game today, from first pitch to last out, takes about two hours and 50 minutes; using Wade's count we get a percentage split of six per cent to 94 per cent and an A-to-I Index of one to 16.
It's intuitive to think that Canadian football would be at least as inactive as American, but it isn't. With its 20-second play clock and some stop-time included, the average CFL game contains 160 plays (a third more than in the NFL) for a superior A-to-I Index of one to 10. Hockey, like basketball, a pure stop-time game, is a huge A-to-I bargain — 60 minutes of actual action in a two hour and 25 minute average total game time: an index of one to 1.4. (And that's including Don Cherry.)
But even hockey pales to the runaway A-to-I winner, soccer, which to the undoubted dismay of a lot of North American fans is the only major sport where the action provided (90 minutes) exceeds the inaction inflicted (25 minutes), for an index of one to 0.3.

Full article :
http://www.macleans.ca/culture/sports/a ... _3718_3718

impactsoccer sur twitter
Vision du Jeu, un autre regard
penz
Champion du monde
Champion du monde
Club préféré : Standard de Liège/Impact
Mon “autre” club favori : Everton

Message par penz »

Yeah but soccer is boring. :lol:

Main de Dieu
Joueur de réserve
Joueur de réserve

Message par Main de Dieu »

It's also the reason why it's the only sport which can make you fall into a frenzied trance.

Sabre
Titulaire indiscutable
Titulaire indiscutable
Club préféré : IMFC
Place dans le stade : 132

Message par Sabre »

Main de Dieu a écrit :It's also the reason why it's the only sport which can make you fall asleep
:wink:

"I can't say much, but one day I will. One day I will." - Marc Dos Santos speaking to travelling UM02 members in Baltimore about his position with the front office.
Répondre Sujet précédentSujet suivant