Next VSK match: Saturday 22nd FEB. at 13:00 Örebro SK - VSK

For those who don't speak French and prefer the discussion in Shakespeare's language
François
Champion national
Champion national
Club préféré : Real Madrid

Next VSK match: Saturday 22nd FEB. at 13:00 Örebro SK - VSK

Message par François »

Go VSK!!!

Robban B

VSK's next game

Message par Robban B »

Sorry to inform you that we lost against Örebro, 4-0 to them. They normally play a league above us, and according to the match reports, you could tell that from gameplay.

Braz was not in the game for some reason, speculation starting about him not being quite fit to play 90 min. I do hope that he will be soon, as our central defence certainly could use some strengthening...

Next game for us is against Hammarby, another team in our "Premier" league, on sunday March 2nd. Lets keep our fingers crossed for the green & white...

Good luck to impact, when is your season starting?

Daniel
Champion continental
Champion continental
Place dans le stade : Kop [132]

Message par Daniel »

Chris Pozniak plays for Orebro.

Our season starts April 26th and our first home game is May 18th. The regular season ends August 31st (WAY too early) and the Championship is September 17th.

Robban B

Message par Robban B »

Merci Daniel, thanks for your quick response.

How is your league organised? Do people go with their teams for away games?

Alléz les Vertes

François
Champion national
Champion national

training...

Message par François »

How many times a week does VSK trains?

Invité

Re: training...

Message par Invité »

François a écrit :How many times a week does VSK trains?
Depends on if we have a game on the weekend or not. Now, in pre-season, VSK practice about 5-6 times/week.

When the season starts (12/4, away to Västra Frölunda, Gothenburg) I think they cut down to 3-4 times/week.

Allez les Vertes

François
Champion national
Champion national

Re: training...

Message par François »

Anonymous a écrit :
François a écrit :How many times a week does VSK trains?
Depends on if we have a game on the weekend or not. Now, in pre-season, VSK practice about 5-6 times/week.

When the season starts (12/4, away to Västra Frölunda, Gothenburg) I think they cut down to 3-4 times/week.

Allez les Vertes
thank you for the info, and by the way, you can register on this forum if you want and come back and give us some news on VSK...cheers!!!

Daniel
Champion continental
Champion continental

Message par Daniel »

Ok, first things first, "Allez les Verts" not "Vertes"...

Second. Our league (A-League) is the 2nd division in US, but has the top Canadian teams. There is no promotion-relegation. There are 19 team in 4 regional divisions, 2 in the East, 2 in the West. For us, we play our division (North-East) opponents 2 times at home, 2 away (4x4 = 16 games). We play the other eastern teams 8 times (16 + 8 = 24 games). We play 4 games against western teams. Since there are 2 western Canadian teams, we play them twice each (28 games total).

Playoff Championship: Top 2 of each division face off home-away, Eastern final, Western final, A-League Final.

www.a-league.com for details, standings, etc.

Robban B

Message par Robban B »

Daniel, thanks again.

Pardon my French, I suppose I chose the English Forum for a reason :P

Ok, here goes:

Allez les Verts

Daniel
Champion continental
Champion continental

Message par Daniel »

We also participate in one supporter-founded Cup and another club-created Cup.

The Voyageurs Cup is the unofficial Canadian champion cup given on an in-league home and away schedule against the 3 other Canadian teams (6 games). The Impact won the first edition in 2002. www.voyageurscup.ca

Also, starting this year, a similar cup (CanAm Cup) will be disputed by 4 of the 5 North East teams: Montreal, Toronto, Rochester, Syracuse. However, since it is club-organised, there will be a final in the mid-season between the top two teams.

Most supporters don't travel to games. And those that do usually only travel to certain regional games (our closest rival is 500km away!). We are hoping to travel this year to Syracuse (500km), Rochester - our great rival - (650km) and Toronto - our Canadian "derby" (550km). We will also be travelling to Quebec City (250km) for a "home" game v Syracuse.

Robban B

Message par Robban B »

Wow, that sure is some serious travelling to do, no wonder people don't go.

I think our furthest awaygame is against Boden, far up north in Sweden. From Västerås to there, I guesstimate that it is something like 800 km (one way)....We also have a fun trip to Trelleborg, in the southmost part, only 600 km (one way).[/b]

Daniel
Champion continental
Champion continental

Message par Daniel »

Yeah, all the distances I gave are one-way.

Main "travel groups", where you'll probably see at least one away travel for supporters, per team.

Montréal-Rochester-Toronto with Syracuse this year.

Rochester-Pittsburgh

Vancouver-Seattle-Portland

Charleston-Atlanta-Charlotte

Milwaukee-Minnesota

Répondre Sujet précédentSujet suivant