What we need ie: Forwards/Defense

For those who don't speak French and prefer the discussion in Shakespeare's language
Bus0
Poupon
Poupon
Votre vrai nom : Jean Ferland

What we need ie: Forwards/Defense

Message par Bus0 »

I've been wondering why all these new forward players arrive when our weakness is D, even our esteemed Nesta warned us about this, so please explain WTF we're doing... :help:

I understand Issey for the left wing, that actually might help stabilize things, but our D just isn't good enough, all these long passes, we're just giving up the ball all the damn time from the backline...

Dare I say it but even my fav. player 'Camara' is not playing well, me thinks.

Van Basten
Champion national
Champion national

Re: What we need ie: Forwards/Defense

Message par Van Basten »

Like everyone else he has faded down the stretch last year and never got back to his previous level , me thinks it's a case of a men relying too much on his physical abilities and less on tactical and technical developpement , as a last line defender it makes for a rather naïve way of working and you gotta wonder if his confidence hasn't been shattered in the process, but not only his decisions are poor but he does not play with the same swagger he used to play in 2012 and early 2013.

Bus0
Poupon
Poupon

Message par Bus0 »

Oh so true about the swagger, might be because we are missing a defensive pillar a la Nesta for him to work around, that's what we really need, at least 1 defensive player considered a wall, someone we can count on to direct traffic on the backline, that goal DC had against us 'header' everyone was completely out of position and Brovsky who missus the damn ball...

Van Basten
Champion national
Champion national

Message par Van Basten »

It is clear that defense wise we need a capo, Ferrari in the few games he played failed miserably which is a shame as he was the obvious choice for this role especially with the few other veterans being on the shelf

Bus0
Poupon
Poupon

Message par Bus0 »

Ferrari doesn't seem the type to direct traffic at all, he's just a position player, Nesta was oh so correct in his prediction before the start of this season, that's why I don't understand why NDS didn't look for that type of a player, our young guys are fine just not very good at la relance defensive...

Dart Storm
Joueur de réserve
Joueur de réserve
Votre vrai nom : Luc Cohen
Club préféré : impact de montreal

Message par Dart Storm »

Don't forget that the 3 "suppose to be" pillar of the D are injuried. We don't have sub on the field we have the sub of the sub. :langue:

Van Basten
Champion national
Champion national

Message par Van Basten »

Bus0 a écrit :Ferrari doesn't seem the type to direct traffic at all, he's just a position player, Nesta was oh so correct in his prediction before the start of this season, that's why I don't understand why NDS didn't look for that type of a player, our young guys are fine just not very good at la relance defensive...
Yep another bad evaluation by our technical staff, as they should have known that our china doll defenders wouldn't be able to be there for the start of the year.

Bus0
Poupon
Poupon

Message par Bus0 »

Dart Storm a écrit :Don't forget that the 3 "suppose to be" pillar of the D are injuried. We don't have sub on the field we have the sub of the sub. :langue:
Oh so true :mrgreen:

This bad defensive shit is starting to get embarrassing. What are we now something like 20 games in a row lost since last year, something really has to be done. Dump these suppose pillars that we rarely see, its not like we will miss them if we've never seen them, opps sorry we got glimpses of them ya. :help:

Répondre Sujet précédentSujet suivant